Top 10 reasons why people prefer to shop online
Highlights when shopping online
Online shopping is one of the fastest growing sectors globally now and for the foreseeable future for all commodities.
By 2023 eCommerce will make up over 22% of worldwide retail sales compared to only 14.1% in 2019, and this upwards trend looks set to continue. The platform has come a long way from the first secure retail transaction in the mid-90s, and now, if you aren’t making your products and services available online, you’re missing out. Traditional brick-and-mortar retailers are increasing their online presence in droves, and it has become increasingly convenient to transition your traditional business to an online one.
Covid-19 has changed the way the world operates. The ‘new normal’ has also seen dramatic increases in online shopping trends for apparent reasons. Contactless transactions are safer, and lockdowns have given people no choice but to use online platforms to purchase goods. As you know, however, lockdowns don’t last forever. Still, once a customer has experienced the convenience and safety of an initially obligated online shopping experience, they are very likely to use it again even when they don’t have to.
The top ten reasons why people prefer to shop online.
Variety of Products
- Traditional stores are limited in how many products they can offer.
- Many retailers will not stock all their products in each store and will stock selected items based on demographics.
- There are also issues like stock and size shortages that limit in-store choice.
- With online shopping, however, every item is available at all times.
- Traditional shopping takes time and effort.
- First, you need to get the kids ready, lock up, get in the car and struggle through traffic.
- Walking aisle to aisle and waiting in ridiculously long queues, only to go through the same process back home.
- On the other hand, online shopping is an irresistibly quick and painless procedure that’s over in a few clicks.
- Online shopping doesn’t only offer a wider variety from specific stores; it also allows people to comparatively select goods and find the best value for their needs from an unlimited array of sellers.
- Moreover, online shops also regularly offer discounts on goods to attract clicks, which is a win-win for consumers and businesses.
- You know it all too well.
- You enter the store and try your best to avoid eye contact with the wide eyes and huge grin from a very excited store attendant.
- As you duck down aisle three, however, they’re right there, and suddenly you’re listening to a 5-minute sales pitch.
- Online shopping might result in a few pop-up ads, but (unlike the assistant), you can shut them down without feeling bad!
- Many consumers shop for discreet goods preferring the anonymity like underwear and discretion that online shopping offers, including the selection, purchase, and generic packaging stages delivered right to your door.
Easy Replace And Refund
- The replacement and refunding procedures online are significantly more accessible and more convenient than traditional returns.
- In addition, most online stores have a replacement or refund warranty policy because they understand that shoppers can’t inspect or try on the goods in person before purchasing.
- If huge crowds, heavy breathing, and sweaty bodies in long queues are your thing, then, by all means, pop into your nearest department store on the 24th of December.
- If you’re like most people, however, you prefer the crowd avoidance feature of online shopping.
Same Day Delivery
- A significant barrier to entry to online shopping for many people is the long wait for the products you are super excited to have recently purchased.
- And while this might have been a problem a few years back, the speed of the checkout and the receipt of goods has significantly increased, with many online retailers offering same-day delivery options.
Detailed Info on Products
- Online shopping allows customers to receive clear and objective information about the product instantly.
- They can check reviews, opinions, ingredients, components, and anything else they need to make the best possible choice.
- Lastly, traditional shopping cannot compete with online shopping when it comes to finding rare, one-off, and ‘grail’ items.
- In fact, this has become a cultural phenomenon for collectors and fans, especially in the gaming, collectibles, and sneaker worlds.
- Online shopping has come a long way from its humble (and slow) beginnings and is now a necessity for business owners of all shapes and sizes.
- There's no reason for even the smallest businesses to jump in, mainly due to the cost-effectiveness and simplicity of the checkout process.
- However, you need the right payment solution partner when making installment purchases, and that's where Movi comes in.
- Movi is the first choice of businesses for all their online installment payment support needs.
- Movi provides buy now pay later solutions for physical products and post-pay flight ticketing solutions for customers to make payments as simple and efficient as possible.
Whether you're already in the online space or looking to pay in installments, contact Movi today for a free consultation or just chat to learn more about what we can do for you friend