The frequency of online shopping of Vietnamese people leads in Southeast Asia
Frequency of online shopping of Vietnamese people today
Online shopping frequency of Vietnamese consumers is leading in Southeast Asia with an average of 104 orders per year.
Where do such statistics come from?
- The data is published in the Research Report on cross-border e-commerce business, conducted by Ninja Van Group and DPDgroup.
- The report was deployed in 6 Southeast Asian countries (ASEAN) including: Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam, with 5,000 respondents.
- With an average of 104 applications per year, Vietnamese people have a much higher frequency of online shopping than people in the following countries, Thailand (75 applications/year), Singapore and the Philippines (with 58 applications/year).
- Meanwhile, the regional average is 66 applications per year.
- A large proportion of Vietnamese orders are FMCG products, clothing and footwear.
Buy online from international website
- Not only leading in purchase orders, 59% of Vietnamese consumers said that they have ordered or shopped many times on international websites.
- This is the second highest rate in the region, after Singapore.
- According to the report, Vietnam accounts for 15% of the total online shopping market in Southeast Asia, second only to Thailand with 16% and equal to the Philippines.
- "We believe that the Vietnamese market is one of the potential countries thanks to its sustainable and clear growth in recent years," said Phan Xuan Dung, Sales Director of Ninja Van Vietnam. determined.
The 2nd e-commerce market in Southeast Asia
- Before that, many other forecasts also gave similar results about the development of online business in Vietnam.
- According to Statista, Vietnam is expected to own the second largest e-commerce market in Southeast Asia, after Indonesia before 2025.
- Vietnam currently has an average purchase price (ABS) of 26 USD, higher than the two most populous countries, Thailand (USD 25) and Indonesia (USD 18).
- At the same time, Google and Bain & Company forecast that the scale of Vietnam's digital economy will exceed US$52 billion and hold the third position in the ASEAN region by 2025.
- In a report by Ninja Van Group and DPDgroup, saving money is the main reason why users shop online, with 76% of Vietnamese respondents agreeing.
- This rate ranks second in Southeast Asia, after Indonesia (77%).
- However, free shipping is not an important motivation for Vietnamese people to shop online, when only 26% agree - the lowest rate in the region.
- The development of the e-commerce market has become a fertile ground for logistics businesses to expand their operations.
- According to the assessment of J&T Express, the online shopping habits of Vietnamese people developed strongly during the epidemic and remained quite sustainable after that.
- Demand for goods on e-commerce platforms "explodes" not only in big cities but also in rural areas...
In addition, the demand for direct and online installment purchases of high-value physical products such as smartphones, computers - laptops, air conditioners - air conditioners, televisions, etc. also increased following the epidemic.